Background: Before sharing data publicly, DoConstructionBusiness Data only worked with post-construction cleaning provider Construction Clean Partners. Over five years, Construction Clean Partners found tremendous success using data from DCB Data, resulting in over 600 contracts.
Objective: To test whether general contractor data collected by DoConstructionBusiness Data can be used by electricians, plumbers, architects, and vendors of all other trades.
Timeline: Plans for the case study began February 15, 2017. Implementation began February 28, 2017 and concluded after two months. Results collected May 10, 2017.
- Sent introductory emails to 200 random contacts within 30 companies, asking if there were opportunities for electricians, roofers, signs, and other trades.
- Mentioned a project name provided by DCB Data in one hundred emails sent. Mentioned no information provided by DCB Data in the other 100 emails sent.
- Collected data and leads from responses of introductory emails. It should be noted that contacts were only sent one email with no follow-up attempt.
- Emails sent without mention of opportunities provided by DCB Data resulted in 30 leads with non-immediate needs. These contacts provided pre-qualification applications for future projects.
- Emails sent with an opportunity name provided by DCB Data resulted in 50 leads with immediate needs. These contracts were already awarded to general contractors and the project managers and estimators requested pricing for vendors available to start work “immediately,” or within the week.
Conclusion: Although the information provided by DoConstructionBusiness Data is excellent for generating leads for electricians, plumbers, architects, and other vendors. However, time sensitivity of projects can lead to high difficulty finding vendors available to connect for a business whose product does not include managing operational business pricing or scope.
At this time, DoConstructionBusiness Data maintains its strength in collecting, managing, and enhancing data.